Community Supported Agriculture grew out of the co-op movement of the 1970’s as an alternative to the industrial agriculture model. In a CSA, members buy a share of a farm’s harvest for the growing season in advance, participating in both the risks and rewards of the farm. Members receive a weekly portion of seasonably ripe vegetables, herbs, and fruit – as well as the option to add eggs, poultry, meat, and homemade breads, spreads, and jams – for the duration of the growing season. This model enables the consumer to have a direct relationship with the farmers who produce their food and the knowledge of where and how their food is produced.
Equinox Farm uses organic methods and biodynamic theory to grow open-pollinated, non-gmo, primarily heirloom produce and herbs for the best flavor and nutrition available. We use no chemical fertilizers or additives to our soil, relying instead on our own compost and composted manure to create optimum growing conditions for our plants. We are rewarded with incredibly productive and generous harvests to share with our members.
Equinox Farm offers a number of different share options, all of which are well below the cost of similar organic produce at a supermarket. By creating a direct buying model and cutting out the middle-man, the cost of transport and packaging, and the overhead of storing food which is only ripened after it has been picked and shipped, we can not only offer a vastly superior product, but a price-point that starts at just $12.50 per week for vegetables and herbs to feed 2-4 people.
- Gourmet option can be added to any plan for additional $5 per week
- Delivery is available for one-time fee of $40
- Pick-up is available from farm or select farmer’s markets
- Shares are customizable for veggie preferences – ask for details
- Payment may be made in advance for entire season, bi-season, or monthly
- We harvest for our members first, with any additional produce sold at market
- A weekly newsletter via email will inform you of the week’s harvest so you can plan your menu!